How do I withdraw from a course?

If you want to withdraw from a course or courses, but not all of your courses for the semester, you need to complete a Course Withdrawal Form at Carefully read the policies regarding course withdrawal and follow the instructions included on the form.

You should discuss the subject of whether it is a good idea to withdraw with your professor or instructor. It may also be a good idea to discuss it with your advisor. However, your academic advisor does not necessarily need to sign your course withdrawal form. After you have discussed whether you are going to withdraw (with your professor/instructor/advisor) and have made the decision to withdraw, if you are a current College of Arts & Science student you should go to the College of Arts & Science Advising Office in 107 Lowry Hall to begin the withdrawal process. That office has walk-in advising availability and issues Dean’s stamps Monday-Friday during the regular academic session. To confirm walk-in hours, call their office at (573) 882-6411.