Students in Transition

Students from other divisions at MU (College of Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources, College of Business, College of Education, College of Engineering, College of Human Environmental Sciences, School of Health Professions, School of Journalism, and Nursing) who wish to transfer into the College of Arts & Science and pursue the Interdisciplinary Studies degree should be aware of the following:

  1. If a student has completed more than 60 hours, completed English 1000 and Math 1100 with C- or better, and the past term and CUM GPA are both 2.0+, then he/she can schedule an initial appointment calling the OMD office at 882-6060. After the student has developed and filed a Interdisciplinary Studies grad plan and transferred divisions, he/she will be listed as a Interdisciplinary Studies major and will be able to make his/her own appointments via MU Connect.
  2. If a student has completed more than 60 hours and cannot file a grad plan due to CUM GPA or other issues (English and Math requirements), then he/she should go directly to 107 Lowry walk-ins (M-F 10-4pm) to discuss alternative steps for transferring into A&S. Students may need to complete a Registration Eligibility Contract (REC) for one semester to transfer divisions and/or appeal. The academic advisors in 107 Lowry will guide the student and then refer him/her to the appropriate Interdisciplinary Studies advisor for registration planning. Students should read about the Interdisciplinary Studies degrees prior to their first meeting with an advisor.
  3. Under no circumstances will a student who has completed more than 60 hours be able to transfer using the online transfer of division process.
  4. No Transfer of Divisions are processed after the deadline determined each term by the Registrar. See
  5. Students interested in transferring from Business should request to see Kati Abbott. All other students should request to see Carlynn Trout.