Students from other divisions at MU (College of Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources, College of Business, College of Education, College of Engineering, College of Human Environmental Sciences, School of Health Professions, School of Journalism, and Nursing) who wish to transfer into the College of Arts & Science and pursue the General Studies degree (BGS) or Interdisciplinary Studies degree (IDS BA) should be aware of the following:
- IF A STUDENT HAS COMPLETED FEWER THAN 60 HOURS, then he/she/they may initiate the Transfer of Division process and choose BGS (if over 45 hours) or IDS BA as the major. The student should email Carlynn Trout at email@example.com and provide her with the following information and/or schedule an advising appointment. She will build a graduation plan and create a semester-by-semester strategy for efficient degree completion or transitioning back to the original division or another division.
- When would you like to graduate? (Examples: May 2022 or December 2022)
- Do you intend to return to your previous program or transfer to a new program once you meet the requirements?
- What components would you like in your individualized major?
- Example 1: Student transferring from Engineering: Math, Engineering, Physical Sciences
- Example 2: Student transferring from Business: Economics, Management, Financial Studies
- Which minor, if any, would you like to pursue to supplement the BGS or IDS BA degree? Examples: Business or Psychology
- IF A STUDENT HAS 60 OR MORE HOURS, then he/she/they should email Carlynn Trout at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide her with answers to the questions above. She will build a graduation plan and create a semester-by-semester strategy for efficient degree completion or transitioning back to the original division or another division. She will submit the graduation plan for approval in the College of Arts & Science. Staff in the A&S Advising Support Center will initiate the Transfer of Division for the student to then accept.
- No Transfer of Divisions are processed after the deadline determined each term by the Registrar. See Registrar.missouri.edu.