Before Meeting with an Advisor
- Read ALL of the information about the degree on our website.
- Understand the demands of an individually-designed major.
- Determine careers of interest to you.
- Peruse the course options for the major.
- Still interested? Call the office and make an appointment with the advisor.
The Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies with an emphasis in Environmental Studies is an individually-designed major for students interested in acquiring a broad understanding of environmental issues and the complex causes underlying them. Students design their major to reflect their own interests and goals in the field. Individualized majors of this kind require a higher level of commitment than is typical of traditional majors because students MUST do the work of building their own degree.
The program prepares students for graduate study and careers in education, law, business, public policy, humanitarian aid, non-profit organizations, and government. The majority of students with the degree work in areas such as advocacy and outreach as well as policy and regulation.