Latin American Studies Minor
Advising and Declaring the Minor
- Read ALL the information about the minor on our website.
- Email the academic advisor with any questions you have regarding the requirements or course selection.
- When you enroll in the final course required for the minor, complete the minor form and email it to the advisor.
- The advisor will email you when the form has been approved.
- Take the approved form to the College of Arts and Science Advising Center in 107 Lowry Hall.
- Complete 15 credit hours from at least two departments.
- At least 6 credits must be numbered 2000 level or above.
- Nine of the required credits must be completed at MU.
- The elementary levels of language may NOT be used to fulfill minor requirements.
- Intermediate-level language courses may be used to meet minor requirements.
- Courses outside the major department, but required for the major, may be used to fulfill minor requirements.
- Courses required for the minor may also be used to meet the College of Arts & Science Foundation requirements.
- Minors are only awarded to undergraduate students who are simultaneous recipients of a Bachelor degree.
- Students may not earn a major and a minor in the same field.