Before Meeting with an Advisor
- Read ALL of the information about the degree on our website.
- Read ALL of the information about the degree on the Trulaske College of Business website.
- Understand the Trulaske College of Business admissions requirements.
- Understand the demands of a dual degree program.
- Determine the foreign language you are interested in studying.
- Evaluate your ability to participate in a study abroad experience.
- Peruse the course options for the major.
- Still interested? Make an appointment with a College of Business advisor by calling (573)882-7073 first. Then if you are still interested after meeting with a College of Business advisor call (573)882-6060 and make an appointment with the International Studies advisor. It is important to meet with a College of Business advisor to discuss the degree first.
The dual degree program in International Business leads to the BS in Business Administration from the Trulaske College of Business and the BA in International Studies from the College of Arts & Science. This degree typically takes 4 ½ to 5 years to complete. Students in the program will study advanced foreign language and participate in a study abroad experience to fulfill degree requirements.
International Studies majors acquire analytical skills and knowledge that will enable them to understand and contribute to shaping the quickly evolving global community. The program prepares students for graduate study and careers in academia, teaching, law, business, public policy, humanitarian aid, non-profit organizations, government, and diplomacy.